Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Netflix Fridays: What Are We Watching Now?

OK - we haven't gotten through all our movies this week. What can I say? We've been busy and we watch more network TV these days (catch the season finale of the excellent "Friday Night Lights" tonight if you're looking for a new show to be addicted to. Skip "Dollhouse.") Plus, with Easter is this weekend we will undoubtedly fall further behind with mandated viewings on the "Grail," "Willy Wonka," and "Wizard of Oz" awaiting us. Still we'll do what we can. Here are our two new arrivals:


Vicky Christina Barcelona - I love a good Woody Allen movie. Which is to say, I love about half of Woody Allen movies. I think the last one I really enjoyed was "Match Point," the most un-Woody Allen movie ever to come from Woody Allen. He seems to have found a new muse in Scarlet Johansson (much to my husband's delight!) and we're hoping that this film continues his latest comeback streak.




Doubt - Yep, it's that time of year when we finally get to catch up on our Oscar nominees. First, we get to view Penelope Cruz's supporting Actress-winning turn, then we get to see this multiple-nominee. I was very intrigued to see the play, but I have been less than compelled to see the screen version - despite its stellar cast. It seems like you either love or hate this. We'll let you know. Of course, maybe a story of suspected altar boy molestation is not the best thing for this Catholic couple to be watching on Easter weekend. Hmmmm.... Happy Easter everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment